Here are four areas that you may explore as part of our program. You will:
- Find out what kind of work environment suits you best.
- Get feedback about your own strengths and weaknesses, along with our staff.
- Develop your work skills – and your employability!
All participants get a chance to learn woodworking skills in our well-equipped workshop. You will learn about:
- Workplace safety
- Workmanship standards
- Use of tools and equipment
- Selecting and using materials
- The steps to take when building something
- Building repair
- Basic landscaping skills
- Labourer careers
- Decision making
- Time management
Learn all of that while you build or repair something that you’ll be proud of!
Here are some projects our participants have made. What will you build?
Get practical experience by preparing meals for your fellow participants and staff.
- Learn proper food preparation and cooking techniques.
- Develop good time management skills.
- Get your FoodSafe certification.
- Prepare for a job in the food industry!
Your training in reception skills will put you at our reception desk where you will be the first contact that most people have with our program.
- Learn to use a multi-line phone system.
- Learn the proper way to direct calls and take messages.
You will be the ‘face’ of SSWAP and Community Wheels!
Introduction to Environmental Services
Get valuable hands-on experience in our introduction to environmental services. You will work with a supervisor to clean the building.
Learn the safest and best ways to keep an office environment clean!